Sunday, February 18, 2007

Second place!

Well, somewhat predictably, after having beaten two top sides in close matches, Oldham succumbed to a "lesser" team, or a team they might have been fancied to beat. Of course, Millwall are resurgent under a very good manager, and so the result isn't all that outlandish, but nonetheless disappointing, as the Latics lost 2-1 at home to Millwall.

My model predicted 6042, and the gate was actually 6181, so at least I was only about 140 out in my prediction.

Movements forward have been made in my bivariate Poisson model, so hopefully by Tuesday evening (pancake Tuesday!), I'll be able to predict the result of the Port Vale v Oldham match. Quite an important one really, another defeat will leave us playing catch-up big time. A win is needed badly. Come on Oldham!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home